Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Need Art!!

So life has been really busy.  College is a lot of work.  It's not even fun work. I mean, sure I feel my mental capacity expanding as well as my options, but all I want to do is make art.

Its funny to me how going to school to accomplish your dreams actually takes a lot of time away from the dreams that you were going to school to accomplish in the first  place.

I have one commission in progress now. It's a silly commission, but a commission none-the-less. It's a sign for my local Indian food buffet joint called Shalimar of India. I've been  having a hard time getting to the half-way-done point.  It's been in my bedroom for weeks.


Oh and there's Rocky. I am getting paid in Sunday Indian  Buffet for one month upon completion.
 As I was walking away from Shalimar, with the blank sign after making my big deal, I thought ,  "4 Sundays in a month, at eight dollars a buffet, equals 32 dollars. Shit, this is a big sign".  Slave labor!

I am going to haggle him for another Sunday or two worth of buffet, but we will see. I'm not a very good haggler. Back in my drug using days I was better at it, but you can't replicate that kind of motivation. Damn, it would be helpful if you could though....

I stole batteries from the store this morning while I was purchasing dog food. There's my confession.  My only regret, other than not having enough money to afford batteries, is that I stole the cheap ones.  I mean really, if I'm going to get caught stealing shouldn't I at least get the longer lasting lithium brand?

I have to mention how f#@king cool my house is and by this I mean the people in my house.  Here is a porch shot.  From front, to left, to right: Molly, Nick Henri, Darby Laine, and Christine.

This here is my plant and her little sproutling...


The ceramics studio:

  A bunch of bisque ware pottery, and those beautiful saint statues.... ...

Here is an instructor named Susan and a student.... I am going to ask him his name next time I see him.

And here he is making some bowls ...............

Time to unload the kiln; it's like Christmas, but cooler.

Some glazing going on today..... I built that sweet glaze table with my pseudo-boss last Friday and had splinters in my fingers all week, but it was worth it, oh yes. Seeing it in use makes me feel like a rock star.
 The clay recycle station after I cleaned it. I should have taken a before picture.  I will next time.

 This is Kyle;  this is his forth bowl.  That's why he is holding up four fingers and a bowl. He is proud of himself, and for good reason.  This stuff isn't easy.

 A freaking amazing statue of a cat; this is the same artist that has been making those saint statues. She is talented and Another persons' name I need to ask and then remember.
 Another enthusiastic and talented ceramicist

Those large, vase-like vessels  to the left of the cat are for dead people ashes. Mmm Funeral Urns..


Let  us end with a crowded shelf as a metaphor for my hectic schedule...

3 comments:

  1. Paint Rocky on the sign! He so totally belongs there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look like he belongs there :) I've been thinking about painting him his own doggy portrait. He is so regal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mein computerverrückter Sohn studiert Art und zeigte mir diese Webseite WahooArt.com. Wir haben dann mal beide dort gestöbert und ich war wirklich begeistert über die grosse Auswahl von Kunstwerken. Da wir noch auf der Suche nach einem Gemälde für unseren Musikraum sind, haben wir uns dann für http://WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-5ZKCN9 entschieden. Und ich denke das der französische Maler Henri Matisse mit dem Gemälde "La Dance" perfekt zu uns passt. Was für eine schöne blaue Farbe

    ReplyDelete