Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

      I finished my semester with awesome grades, went to Florida with Geoff to see my brother and mother, and now I'm back in Texas.  I didn't take any pictures of our Christmas in Florida because I am on the hunt for a camera. 
      Here is some of the pottery (what hasn't been given away yet) I made under the guidance of Stan Irving from the Fall semester. I wish I had produced more, but I made enough for Christmas presents at least. I am getting better, but I still feel I have a long way to go.  I can't decide if I like pottery or painting more, so I have decided to pursue both with equal vigor.




      Here are two paintings I've been working on.  I am kind of exhausted after the semester and the trip, but have managed to jump right back into the swing of things. I am coming to a finish with The Matriarch, which I started in April.  I am not sure when a real feeling of done-ness will come with this piece. I have had such a love hate relationship with this one. At one point her face had lioness features; she has endured much transformation.  I need to plan more efficiently, because I feel like I waste a lot of time.

 The Matriarch

        This one has been in the works for a couple months.  I am in the 'hate stage' with her right now. She is just not done enough to be beautiful yet. I am hoping that in the next couple weeks we can make amends with each other.   Her shoulder and neck are still warped somehow. I have been noticing lately how much I skew reality. My perception is what needs to be overcome, or is what I battle to overcome, when I draw.
 
Angel of revenge

No comments:

Post a Comment