Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Art


           I was thinking about making a whole book of wise animals teaching the thoughts that go through my head these days.  This is what I have so far.   Said The Heron and Said The Dog are in the works.  I came up with this in a fit of rage. I was so angry. It's neat when good things come out of anger, better to make art than war.







This is a gouache painting of a crow.




This gouache is a study for this other painting of crows I'm doing for my friend Chessa.




           It's about 60 percent done. The tip of the right crow is cut off in this image, but not in the real painting, I swear.

          And then there's this one.  It's about 40 percent done, just barely getting all the shadow shapes and highlights in. I took the picture at a strange angel, but in reality it's rectangular.




          Here is the still life I'm working on for my Painting class. I like it, though it's still a bit too dark.



No comments:

Post a Comment